Thursday 20 December 2012

Biscotti


Yes, yes I made biscotti. It is possible, and my mother may think I am breaking the law creating an italian cookie so that it is vegan, but they are amazing and you'll love them. Me, myself, I am not very fond of biscotti, but I know 'lots of people love them, and since I am making cookies for christmas and my family, I will make cookies to please them. It is important to show your family that eating vegan can be tasty and full of variety. So, to make these cookies, you'll need....

1/2 cup margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup of almonds cut in half

Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Add all the wet ingredients and the sugar together in one bowl, and the dry ingredients in another bowl, except for the almonds. Then, mix the two together and stir well. Finally add the almonds.
 



On a tray, lay the dough out and form it into a loaf about 1 inch thick. Bake this loaf for 30-35 minutes, and then take them out and let it cool, for at least 30 minutes. Then, with a knife slice it into 1/2 inch thick cookies, and lay them back onto the tray, and cook them for about 10 minutes, or until their crust is golden brown. Put them on a rack to cool and freeze until you serve them, taking them out one hour before you serve them.






Mmmm.....
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment