Sunday 16 December 2012

Non Vegan Baking: Last Year's Standards


Okay, now begins the race. I have so much baking to do it is indescribable. Last year I baked TUNS of things, so now I have this reputation to uphold. What kind of reputation you might think? Well I have posted some of the things I made last year, and now, I have to do something just as amazing, but vegan.  These pictures here are of a cake that I made for last year's Christmas, and it was truly awesome, if I do say so myself. It had little houses on the size, covered with 'snow' (white chocolate). I had a chocolate sleigh, being pulled by chocolate reindeer, with chocolate presents falling out of the sleigh- all edible. Now to blow people out of the water this year :S

 This is my sleigh. It was made out of chocolate only, obviously I used both white and dark chocolate. Then I cut toblerone chocolate into little squares, and decorated them with chocolate.

 The cake itself was chocolate with chocolate raspberry icing. It was covered with blue fondant, and the houses and green trees on the bottom are made out of fondant. The white snow is white chocolate, and the brown trees are made out of regular dark chocolate.
 All the reindeer I made out of melted milk chocolate, then piped onto a tray and frozen. When they were frozen, I then took them out, put a toothpick on one of the legs, then covered it with chocolate up to the length of the leg so you could not see it. I froze it again then I stuck them into the cake. Yes, I made more reindeer then I needed, since obviously one or two broke when I was trying to stick them into the cake. And no you are not seeing things, rudolph has a red nose.





No comments:

Post a Comment