Monday 24 September 2012

A Rawilicious Experience X2

Okay, hello again:) It's been a while, again, and I'm sorry, I'm really bad at managing my time enough so I can blog, but I have made myself sit down and put my mind to work. I do have two very interesting stories to share, that I think you'll find interesting.
                                             Raw Vegan Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich

The first one happened about a week ago. I was at St. Lawrence Market with my Media class, and I was eating my lunch with a friend when something crazy happened. I had packed my lunch for the day, because I figured I wouldn't find any vegan takeout places, but I did buy a bag of grapes, blackberries, and a small box of edible flowers, which I spent almost all my money on. As I am about to finish my lunch, my friend says to me, "Hey look!" and points to the restaurant/takeout place in front of where we were sitting. I was right in front of a raw, gourmet vegan place, eating my lunch, and in fact, I was watching them make smoothies and thinking how awesome it was. I AM SO SMART. I managed to find about $6 worth of change and I bought an Oreo 'ice cream' sandwich which was AMAZING. But I was super sad because they had wraps and all sorts of raw goodies that I didn't have the money or tummy space to buy and eat.
St. Lawrence Market - Raw Vegan Takeout

So, I came home and told my family about what happened and said that sunday at lunch we must go their to eat. When we showed up there on sunday, the market was closed. They all started saying they wanted to go for indian food, but I refused. So I googled a raw restaurant and found one called Rawilicious (link is below). It was so good! They had pizza, smoothies to die for, awesome salads, nachos, cheese cake - which was the bomb!- brownies, thy noodles, pasta, and more. It was truly a treat!

I just thought I'd share this experience because it really was a nice break from feeling isolated because I do my own thing at home, and I recommend it for anyone who is a vegan or a raw vegan, as a nice place to take your friends and family.

Just sharing,
Julia

Link:
http://rawlicious.ca/canada/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment