Saturday 1 September 2012

Before Vegan Baking #2

Time to post something about food :)

Well, if you read my other blog about non vegan baking, you will know that I helped out my mom with christmas baking last year and made a ton of cookies and cakes. Last time a shared a picture of a cake I made, and this time I thought I'd show a couple of the cookies I made/cookie platters I put together.
The cookies below are chocolate sugar cookies, which I made basically from using a simple sugar cookie recipe and adding some melted chocolate to it.  I'll attach the link for where I got the recipe from - excellent recipe may I add; people eat everyone of the cookies when I make them - as well as the link to the pictures that inspired the design for my cookies when I decorated them.

Always cooky,
Julia
    


                             





                               

                               

                               






Links: http://www.joyofbaking.com/SugarCookies.html
http://www.madbaker.net/category/cookies/



4 comments:

  1. chocolate isn't vegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why it is titled "Before Vegan Baking", because I made them before I was a vegan :) But you're right chocolate isn't, that is if it contains milk products. There are vegan chocolates. In fact, oreos are vegan, because they get their chocolate flavour from cocoa, and they do not contain animal products. You'd be surprised :)

      Delete
    2. can you do a spin off of this recipe with vegan chocolate?

      Delete
    3. Well the thing is the sugar cookie recipe is not vegan, but I could do a vegan sugar cookie recipe and use cocoa as the chocolate flavouring and it will work just the same. Would that help?:)

      Delete