Sunday 16 September 2012

Summer Squash Pasta For the Italian


I'm Italian, meaning, I was raised on pasta like yah wouldn't believe it. So you'd think that being a vegan I'd eat a lot of pasta, but I don't. In fact, as some of you might know from earlier blogs, I can't really eat pasta anymore. I'm so used to digesting easy fruits and veggies it gives me an upset stomach. Also, refined flours in pastas are not good for you, and even whole wheat pastas contain refined sugar, which is AWEFUL. But, I have found multiple substitutes that honestly are better than the real thing, well, at least I think so. One of them being summer squash pasta.
To make this, you will need..

1/2 a summer squash
1/2 can of pureed tomatoes (or you can blend your own, just be sure to drain them so it is not watery)
2 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp black pepper
1/4 cup vinegar
3 Raw corn


First things first, pull out your spiralizer! If you do not have one, ORDER ONE RIGHT NOW! I'll put the link below where you can get one, and if not, order off amazon! DO IT! It will change your life! Once you do that, grab your squash and spirolize it all up! This will easily make enough for 1 HUGE dinner, or for 3 people if your serving it with other stuff too, like a salad.


Take your corn, raw, and slice off the kernels into a bowl, and add them to your 'noodles'. This part is optional but it gives awesome texture and it tastes amazing especially if your corn is ripe and sweet.

Next, set your noodles aside, and grab your seasonings and tomato puree. Mix all your seasonings in with the puree and add the vinegar. Give it a taste to make sure it is up to your likings, and feel free to add anymore spices if you find that it needs it. I made this recipe last night and I don't really ever measure so my measurements may be less than I actually put it, so experiment.

Pour your sauce on top - you can heat it up if you want - and mix well. In these pictures you will see what looks like meatballs, and they are buckwheat meatballs, but I haven't perfected the taste yet so I will not share how I made those- I'm working on it I promise!

Eat as much as you want because it will taste that good,

Julia
Link: http://juicers4life.com/spirooli-vegetable-slicers-and-spiral-slicers/
Amazon link:  http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=pd_sl_j91wdg5wb_b?ie=UTF8&keywords=spirooli&tag=googcana-20&index=aps&hvadid=16534035466&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=182130322014472862&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b

No comments:

Post a Comment