Thursday 6 September 2012

Morning Granola Gone Raw


Granola is one of my favourite snacks, and I especially love it in a nice bowl of fruit with my breakfast. This is a recipe for awesome breakfast/snack granola that is raw vegan friendly, and that I came up with myself. It requires a dehydrator, but like always, I encourage those who do not have a dehydrator to try it in your oven at the lowest possible temperature, even if it is too high to be considered raw friendly.

What you will need to make this recipe is....
2 cups rolled oats soaked in water for 10 minutes
1/2 cup raisons
1/2 cup cranberries
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup walnuts
1/3 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
1/3 cup water as needed
2 tsp of cinnamon

Mix all your nuts, seeds, and dried fruit in a bowl with the syrup and cinnamon until they are covered well. Drain your oats from the water - as much as you can - and add them to the mixture. If you need to add a little water you can, but you can also add more syrup if you find it to be too dry. Spread them out evenly in clumps and drizzles on your dehydrator mesh sheets and dehydrate for 12 hours at 105 degrees F. You can keep them in longer if you want them even crunchier, but I kind of like a bit of chewiness to it.

It will make about 1 1/2 jars of granola.

Keep it raw,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment