Friday 5 October 2012

Thanksgiving Brings About Cooking

Thanksgiving is here, and an opportunity to amaze people with vegan and raw vegan cooking and baking has arose. I can defiantly say I will be posting a lot of stuff this weekend about thanksgiving ideas. I realize that some of the ones I will be posting may be after Thanksgiving, but I will do my best to post all before.
You can be excited to see..

Flax crackers
Sunflower Olive Cheese
Salsa, Guacamole, and Sour Cream
Zucchini Apple rolls
Nori Rolls
Rice Roll Pasta with Bolognese 'Meet' sauce
Zucchini spagetti with Pesto
Olive and Pine nut salad
My Mushroom bread recipe
Cashew and Almond cheese - check out other blogs for recipe

And for desert..
Date and Apple pie
Blackberry cheese cake

Keep checking in,

Julia


2 comments:

  1. Hi Julia,

    Thanks for sending the delicious almond and cashew cheeses! They tasted great on crackers and rice cakes and Al gave them the thumbs-up too.

    In return, here is a recipe that I frequently make as a sandwich filling or a dip. It will allay any parental fears about not getting enough protein while tasting nice and spicy and looking appealing. I’ve adapted it from “Entertaining for a Veggie Plant” which isn’t strictly vegan, but has lots of vegan recipes.

    Hip Dip
    16 ounces frozen, podless edamame (fresh green soy beans)
    3 /4 cup chopped cilantro
    1 /2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
    1 small red bird chile or jalapeno
    1 /4 cup extra-virgin oil or a mixture of a small amount of toasted sesame oil and organic canola oil
    1 /4 cup lime juice
    1 Tbs honey
    1 Tbs soy sauce (I use Braggs Aminos.)

    Put edamame in colander and rinse under hot running water until almost thawed (30 seconds).
    In food process, purée edamame with rest of ingredients and 2 Tbs water, but leave the mixture a bit chunky.
    Taste and adjust seasoning.
    Fill warmed pita-halves or transfer to a serving bowl as a dip.

    I also use edamame instead of chickpeas for hummus.

    Looking forward to more recipe exchanges.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! Hey jane! I'm so glad to hear that you like the cheeses and such! That is so great to hear! I'm sad I didn't get to see you this year; you were very much missed by everyone there - not just for your superb baking ;)

      Thanks so much for the recipe, I will 100% try it out.It was great to hear from you and say hi to Al for me!

      I would be honoured to exchange recipes with you,
      Julia:)

      Delete