Friday 19 October 2012

Ultimate Breakfast: Banana Minty



I am going to share today a very special recipe I created a couple weeks ago. I don't know how exactly I came up with it, but I do know that anyone who tries it will not be able to resist it. It makes the perfect breakfast, especially if you're someone like me who has little time in the morning, or has to sometimes eat breakfast on the go and does not have time to eat a giant bowl of fruit. I eat this every morning for breakfast, well probably 90% of the time I do, and I never get tired of it. I encourage you to try it, it is fully raw, vegan, and delicious!
You shall need

--- 6-10 bananas (depending on how much you like to eat; I usually use 9-10 if they are small, if they are big 6, and if they are average 7-8)
--- Almond milk - store bought or homemade raw
--- 1/2 to 1 cup blueberries (depends on how many bananas you use, but if you only use six and you love     blueberries use the entire cup too!!)
--- 5-7 Dates
--- 10 medium sized leaves of mint
--- other berries of your choice

First, blend up all the bananas you are using EXCEPT FOR ONE OF THEM; leave one set aside for later. With your bananas in the blender, add the dates and the blueberries as well along with the almond milk. When you add the almond milk, fill it up half way to all the other ingredients you have put in there (i.e. your bananas, however high they reach in your blender, would be the top, so half of that). Mix that well and add in your mint too. Poor it into a bowl, or you can just leave it in the blender :) Next, for the finishing touches, chop up the left over banana and add that in with any other berries you'd like. Finally, eat it with a spoon and EAT IT ALL! Stuff that fruit in if you have to! It will do your body good and eventually you will be able to eat it all with no problem!

Fruit up,
Julia

p.s. I eat everything in the above picture of the blender just so you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment