Friday 26 October 2012

Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Smoothie


I believe that the most important meal of the day is breakfast, and this is coming from someone who never used to eat breakfast. I usually eat majority of my calories at breakfast, so that I can stay energized throughout the day, and avoid eating too much at night. That being said, who doesn't like pumpkin pie for breakfast ;) This is my own personal recipe that a made when I was trying to find a way to use up the left over pumpkin I used for the pumpkin oatmeal. Than, out of my experimentation, I came up with this:)

3/4 cup pumpkin puree
6-10 bananas depending on size
1 extra banana
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp mace
1/4 tsp thyme
6 soaked dates (for 1-3 hours)
Almond milk (see instructions for amount)

In your blender, put all of your ingredients except for the milk and the extra banana. When you add your milk, like always, pour it in until it reaches the halfway point of all your ingredients. Than, mix it all together until it is smooth. Slice some banana on top with the extra banana you have set aside, and EAT EVERYTHING. I eat all of it every time; YOU CAN NEVER EAT TOO MUCH FRUIT. EVER. PERIOD!:)

Hope it makes your day as great as mine,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment