Friday 26 October 2012

Typical Veggie Salad

Everyday, I usually have two big fruit meals, breakfast being my biggest, and finish off with a giant salad for dinner. I love my routine, since on it I feel my best, and it gives me all the energy I need to get through the day, and come home and workout. It is rather easy to make, and I have listed a few salad dressing variations you can use, on any salad you see here. It can be raw, but I cook two of the ingredients in this recipe, which would make it not raw; you can easily just add them in raw, it will taste just as good!

Start with...
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 carrot
2 mini cucumbers
2/3 cup cherry tomatoes
10 stems of asparagus boiled for 3 min (optional to cook)
1 cup cauliflower boiled for 5 min (optional to cook)
1 cup mixed lettuce greens
1 cob of raw corn

Cut your romaine lettuce up and put it in a large bowl with the other lettuce and the baby tomatoes. Chop the cucumber up, asparagus, and cauliflower, adding that in as well. Cut the corn off the cob and add that as well. Raw corn is super sweet, which is why I do not cook it like the cauliflower and the asparagus. Take your carrot, and using a peeler, over the salad, peel it until you get to the core so you have thin strips of carrot.

To dress, you can..
Use vinegar
Use lemon and honey (microwave to melt honey for 20 seconds)
Or all three together!!:)

Eat everything!!!! I'm serious! Veggie Up!

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment